The name's Rawat..
Hey! I'm Vikas Rawat from Andheri W, Mumbai. Keep queued in if you like my posts :) DISCLAIMER: The views i express here are strictly my own and personal opinions. I do not represent any group and do not intent to cause harm to anyone in anyway.

The 'Rockstar' concert

Category: By Vikas Rawat
I know this is coming pretty late, but well.. Here it is.

I'd been to Mumbai a few weeks back for the 'Rockstar' concert by A.R. Rahman sir. I had the opportunity to be with Ranbir Kapoor and director Imtiaz Ali and the crew. I also got an opportunity to meet and converse with A.R Rahman sir. Last time in Bangalore I couldn't take a picture but this time I did not let that opportunity pass by! :P I also met singers Mohit Chauhan, Javed Ali and many other people.

I'd made Piano versions of songs from 'Rockstar' and T Series, a music label that releases music CDs and cassettes, had recognized the videos on youtube and invited me to Mumbai. Now they just gave me passes and no travel/accommodation, so it was quite a decision to take. But I went ahead, convinced parents and booked a bus to Mumbai mere hours before it was to leave Bangalore. Some ride that was. *sigh*

The crew of 'Rockstar' were also following my videos on youtube and welcomed me very warmly. I was with them at the production house and office for 2 days. Also, the event organizers from Rahman sir's Team recognized me (back when we'd met in Bangalore for the Bangalore concert) and I was made the Backstage co-ordinator at the 'Rockstar' concert that happened in Mumbai on the 1st of November, 2011. I was the only person from Bangalore ofcourse. In effect, I was representing The 'Rockstar' team at the concert as they were too caught up with film deliveries and Imtiaz sir had taken ill and couldn't attend the concert. I also met Rahman sir and spoke to Him about how big a fan I am and other things. The MOST surreal 10 minutes of my life :D

Here's an excerpt of the conversation:

Me (after a long talk about how big a fan I am and what a great inspiration He is etc.) : Sir, I've also made Piano Versions of all your songs from 'Rockstar' *I actually mumbled it*

ARR: Oh that's nice.. Wait.. Piano what?

Me : Piano version sir.. My interpretations..Of every song when it released.. All songs from 'Rockstar'..

ARR: Oh, that's nice.. wonderful..

Me: I'll send it to Vijay sir's mail sir.. please do listen to them when you find time..

ARR: Yeah man, sure.. good good..

Me: *After dilly dallying more when I was about to leave.. KJ Singh had entered the van and was waiting* Please do listen to them sir.. I'll mail it to Vijay sir..

ARR: Sure man, sure.. You rock, That's awesome.. *and the trademark smile indicating I'll have to leave now*

Me: *Dazed* *star-struck*

I felt like a complete idiot weeks later when I remembered that I mentioned NOTHING to Him about the time we'd met in Bangalore! I thought I had but when the effect wore off, I realised (contrary to what I'd thought previously) that I never mentioned Bangalore even once! :-o :-O Me is absolute bonkers.


Anyhow, I've been in touch with the Team of Rockstar and Rahman sir's Team ever since.

Haven't been able to write as comprehensively as I had the last time I met Rahman sir at Bangalore.. Simply because there are too many things to write and it would take me hours together to put down the events in words. So I'm taking the easy way out and just posting a few of the pictures.

The 'Rockstar' Concert. 1st of November. Mumbai.

Sivamani. Ranjit Barot. Harshdeep Kaur. Sanjeev Thomas. Stephen Devassi. Naveen. Monica Dogra. Javed Ali. Balesh. Chang. Mohit Chauhan. Nargis Fakri. Ranbir Kapoor. Team Rockstar. Imtiaz Ali.

A.R. Rahman sir.

Great Times! \m/



With Rahman sir.




With Imtiaz Ali and Team Rockstar at the Ashtavinayak Office.




With Ranbir Kapoor.. Taken on stage during the rehearsals at Nite, therefore the quality.




With Mohit Chauhan.




With Ranbir's guitar. The same that's used in the climax song of 'Rockstar' - Nadaan Parindey.




THE autograph.


Until the next post then. Adios!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?

Post a Comment

Shoot!